Cannabis Campaigners' Guide News Database result:


After you have finished reading this article you can click here to go back.

UK: Clarke Snubs Cannabis Group - Again

Evening News, Norwich

Friday 24 Feb 2006

---
Pro-cannabis campaigners have criticised Home Secretary Charles Clarke
for refusing to respond to their invitation to attend their conference -
again.

The Legalise Cannabis Alliance which has its head office in Norwich,
wrote to the Norwich South MP in January to invite him to its conference
at the University of East Anglia, but has not yet received a response.

Last year, Mr Clarke did not reply to their invitation either.

The alliances seventh annual national conference will take place in the
UEA's Congregation Hall on Saturday, March 18 from 11 AM - 5 PM.

It's national coordinator Alun Buffry said: "I wrote to Mr Clarke in
January. I haven't even had a hint of a reply.

"We want him to explain to the people of Norwich whether he thinks it
necessary to punish people who use cannabis and do no harm.

"I don't think he can answer the question and that is why he has not
replied."

Mr Clarke, who in 1997 revealed he had smoked cannabis, was unavailable
for comment, but a Home Office spokesman said: "We have received the
letter and it is still with Mr Clarke for consideration at the moment."

Former MI5 agent David Shayler, an alliance member, will speak at the
conference. He was convicted in 2002 under the Official Secrets Act for
passing classified information to the press.

 

 

 

After you have finished reading this article you can click here to go back.




This page was created by the Cannabis Campaigners' Guide.
Feel free to link to this page!