|
Cannabis Campaigners' Guide News Database result:
|
|
UK: Cannabis warnings top 100 at Strawberry Fair
Cambridge Evening News
Wednesday 07 Jun 2006 Cannabis warnings top 100 at Strawberry Fair CANNABIS smokers were handed more than 100 police warnings at Cambridge's Strawberry Fair. The warnings were given as part of a crackdown on the use of drugs at the fair, with 122 formally warned for using cannabis, 27 people arrested and five charged with offences including the supply of Class A drugs. A further 10 fair-goers were handed penalty notices for disorder, cannabis was confiscated from 12 children, and six people were cautioned for offences including actual bodily harm and carrying an offensive weapon. Chief Supt Rob Needle, divisional commander, said the fair had been successful and relatively trouble-free thanks to swift action from his officers. He said: "Our main priority when policing Cambridge on the day of the Strawberry Fair is public safety. The vast majority of people attending the fair just want to have a day of good family fun." Five people were charged with offences during the fair, including 45-year-old Christine Hemmings, of Colchester, who was charged with threatening behaviour and resisting arrest; 36-year-old Malcolm Joyce, of Hills Road, Cambridge, who was charged with threatening behaviour; and Frank Holbrook, 35, of Harlow, charged with being concerned with the supply of cocaine. Glenn MacDonald, 45, of Harlow, and David Moon, 35, of Harlow, were also charged with being concerned with the supply of cocaine. http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/city/2006/06/07/868aa9cf-00a8-4d78-a398-63fb31ace1af.lpf
After you have finished reading this article you can click here to go back.
|
This page was created by the Cannabis Campaigners' Guide.
Feel free to link to this page!