Cannabis Campaigners' Guide News Database result:


After you have finished reading this article you can click here to go back.

UK: Norwich Police raid cannabis farm

Evening News, Norwich

Monday 25 Sep 2006

---
Police today revealed they were stepping up their fight against
large-scale cannabis factories after discovering drug barons are using
homes in the county solely to grow the plant.

Norfolk police are among 20 forces taking part in a national crackdown
on the drug producers and called on the public to tip them off about
houses which have been given over entirely to growing vast amounts of
cannabis.

It emerged today that just last week police raided a three-bedroomed
home in St Martin's Road, Norwich, where they found 400 cannabis plants
being grown with a street value of tens of thousands of pounds.

Three Lebanese men were arrested and two have been charged with
conspiracy to produce drugs for supply.

As part of the operation, codenamed Atone, police are asking the public
to look out for telltale signs of cannabis factories being run from
properties in their neighbourhood.

These include the windows of a property being permanently covered,
gardening equipment left outside or a pungent smell coming from inside.

Detective Inspector Tony Deacon, of Norfolk police, said: “This is a
message going out to the public to give us information on where these
premises are being used to cultivate large amounts of cannabis.

“What we are targeting are the people who are more organised in carrying
out these criminal activities. The emerging picture coming from the
Metropolitan Police are that people are letting premises solely to use
to produce cannabis and we are now seeing that picture emerging in Norfolk.

“We have had one or two examples where we have raided places which fit
what we are looking for.”

Det Insp Deacon said the information Norfolk police was after from the
public for this operation was about the large-scale criminal producers
of cannabis, not details of people who just grow one or two plants for
their own use.

Posters and postcards were today being distributed around the county
urging the public to pass on information about homes given over for
cannabis cultivation to the police.

The operation will initially last for two weeks but Det Insp Deacon said
it could last longer, depending on the intelligence the police receive.
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/

 

 

 

After you have finished reading this article you can click here to go back.




This page was created by the Cannabis Campaigners' Guide.
Feel free to link to this page!